Saturday, June 30, 2012

Friends and more


My heart pounded when I lost you
It didn’t break, it just refused to believe.
Those undending philosophical questions
Can you lose someone you love? Did I?

Did I even still love you, after everything?
A question  I pondered over for months.
Poetry, books, tv shows told me so much.
Your face still brings a smile to mine. My answer.

There is a huge difference from before though.
Your face doesn’t make me cry. It can’t anymore.
The difference is loving you and not being in love.
The difference is laughing, giggling, smiling secrets.

We’re different, you and I. We juggle and change.
You are and will always be my first love.
You will always know who I am, what I am.
We laugh, we share, we’re best friends and a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment