Saturday, August 11, 2012

Patience

Waiting is hard.
That's the truth, the whole truth
And nothing but the truth.
We wait to grow that one inch,
We wait for the ice cream cart to go by.

On a hot summer's day, we wait foe ecstasy,
For that one drop of rain to fall on our skin.
We wait for lunch time when our bellies are empty
And we curse those who remind us of our stupidity.
We missed breakfast. We missed the Emperor.

When we don't want to wait,
We charge across oceans to get what we want.
We push and shove and jab at people to move up a queue.
Dastardly people stepped on my foot.
I want. I want. I want. NOW.

I waited fourteen years for a puppy.
I waited fifteen years for freedom.
I waited twenty-one years for adulthood.
I waited sixteen minutes for a table.
I don't wish to wait anymore.

Written at The Only Place, while waiting for a table, 4 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment